Saturday, August 9, 2008
A Dad's Love

Watch this and then read on.



This advertisement has caught my eyes for quite sometime now but I never really got the mood to blog about it till today. Why? Cause I cried. Not really cried, but for once, I really sat and watched the whole video. Suddenly, tears rolled down my eyes. I guess, I really felt the love.

The difference between this and the many other family commercials out there is that it talks about single dads as opposed to the usual single moms. We all know how bad dads can be. Womaniser, rapist, abusers and such. But this advertisement moved me and brought me memories of my dad.

Somehow, I feel that the male species have got the qualities to be the perfect dad that any child would want to have. And they care more than capable to do things that moms can do as well. I know of dads who can cook, who can sew and still have a full fledge carrier. Which brought me back to a drama serial on Channel 8 where Tay Ping Hui played a house husband while his wife is a successful career woman. Their kid eventually grew closer to the dad than the mom. I loved the show. It shows man in their most vulnerable situation and raises the awareness for house husbands.

Looking back to the video, sometimes, we can't get what we want but instead, we have to live with what we have rather. In this case, we always take for granted our lives and we always compare it with others. Why do so? We are all born in different situations hence it's pointless to compare. Would constant nags or whines about how pathetic your life is change the way your life is already is? Instead, work hard to earn those moolah, I say.

With that, I would like to say thank you to my dad wherever he is, despite the fact that he left too early in my life, for bringing me to the world. I suppose if given another chance, I know you would do your duties differently.

When was the last time YOU said "I Love You" to your dad?

2:53 AM;

|


nuffnang.


bitch it out.


i removed cbox. comment if you want to. just click on "silence".

the writer
xoxo.
Syahid:
Photobucket

If you want to know more about me, read my posts. It should give you a clue to who I really am.
Contact Me.
bold italic underline

About the blog

The entries on this blog are merely opinions from the writer and are not intended to hurt or flame anyone at all. With that, like they say, "to each his own".

since 4th August 2008

web page hit counter
readers and counting!

gimme more.

your everyday read.

recent rants.

  • Not Ready To Make Nice
  • I feel pretty screwed up sometimes.
  • Academics, Academics
  • Any help?
  • Break me love into pieces.
  • Prostitution; an irreversible sin?
  • Why this blog?


  • archives.

    August 2008

    Site
    Image: 1
    Brushes: 1
    Layout: rusroulette
    Edit: Adobe photoshop 7.0 Host: 1