Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Academics, Academics

I posted this on my main blog two months before (I think) and I still stand by it. What has education done to us? Tsk tsk. Anyway, read on.

PHEW.

That's all I can say.

Yes, it was only two papers, on ONE day so what's the worry? After the constant stressed out periods, I'm finally done. After not sleeping the day before, I'm finally contented. Was I satisfied with the outcome? Maybe? Maybe not? But I'm pretty sure the papers were at least B+ worthy. Yes, that I'm sure. So, I'm hopefully, God would bless me enough to give me an A. THAT, would be satisfying.

With that said, I never actually thought that ACC students were THAT much of a mugger. Honestly, I refuse to. I, for one, only mugs whenever it's closer to tests or exams. Of course, I know people who mugs throughout *coughs*wenjie*coughs* (and I know he's reading this!) while some of us just slack it off till the eleventh hour. But, what makes ACC so competitive?

I was talking about this to Joel. About how competitive our course was. It's insanely crazy I tell you. Our competitiveness on the own beats every other course in the school itself; be it in ngee ann or school of ba itself. I really had no idea what I placed myself into. Yesterday was a living example. You can tell that everyone was cramming audit information in before the paper - ONE hour before the test. Was it last minute studying? Maybe. Were they gunning for an A? Definitely.

That's the thing I guess. That we are always settling for an A rather than a pass. Though I could be assuming for the whole population; given the sample that I'm always faced with. But, I guess that's life heh?

Honestly, I was thinking about what Charles said. I don't even know who I am now. All I know is that I needed to work my ass off in order to get a chance to go uni. And then after uni, I was pretty dead sure I wanted to work. But what happens if plans change? Prior entering uni, my focus was to get a diploma and then work. Yes, that was my initial plan. Cause I wasn't even sure I was going to pass with flying colours with my slacking attitude. But now, it seems everything has changed. Diploma with Merit is in my head, Gold in CCA Certification and possibly getting the Lee Kuan Yew Award is worth going for. Yes, at the end of the day, those are the goals I set myself for before graduation. To get it or not, is another thing. Just have to keep trying, don't I?

Up to this point, I am proud of my fellow ITE mates who are doing well. I think we seriously kick major ass. HAHA.

Anyhow, I know some of you have emphasized that academics is not everything and does not determine success. However, sadly, it IS Singapore and everything is based on that paper you have before applying for job. Sure, if you're lucky enough and takes risk, you could prove that the paper at the end of the day, no pun intended, is just another paper on its own. But, how many Cinderella tales that have successfully been turned out?

I have realised, that facing failures in the early stages of my life wasn't that bad afterall. There was a silver lining behind that clouding storm. The times that I was so disappointed with myself. It takes something to make it work, I suppose. For all the readers out there, grab this opportunity before it gets away. Honestly, think about it. You have three years of poly life and possibly another three years of uni life after that. Yes, we want to work and play hard at the same time. But however, isn't it just fruitful to sacrifice 6 years of fun for the many years of fruit of labour for the following years? That's my thought.

Some people say I have no life - my friends outside school. But I do have fun. I study when I should, go to CCAs and make new friends, hang out with poly mates and spend time with my family. I guess, the interpretation of having fun is so subjective and honestly, I am loving poly life (except the times when we get back our results for anything).

I dunno. I guess this just a reflection for yours truly. I just want to know how you feel.

Sometimes, why can't we teach our kids to do this and earn money from it?


7:09 AM;

|


nuffnang.


bitch it out.


i removed cbox. comment if you want to. just click on "silence".

the writer
xoxo.
Syahid:
Photobucket

If you want to know more about me, read my posts. It should give you a clue to who I really am.
Contact Me.
bold italic underline

About the blog

The entries on this blog are merely opinions from the writer and are not intended to hurt or flame anyone at all. With that, like they say, "to each his own".

since 4th August 2008

web page hit counter
readers and counting!

gimme more.

your everyday read.

recent rants.

  • Any help?
  • Break me love into pieces.
  • Prostitution; an irreversible sin?
  • Why this blog?


  • archives.

    August 2008

    Site
    Image: 1
    Brushes: 1
    Layout: rusroulette
    Edit: Adobe photoshop 7.0 Host: 1