Sunday, August 3, 2008
Prostitution; an irreversible sin?

Alright. This topic will be really really random but yet so pressing in this society. I'm supposed to be studying audit at the moment but whatever. I'm watching Solitary on Channel 5 as I'm typing this anyways.

I was having dinner earlier on and my mom was watching "Sensasi". It came to this scene whereby a woman insisted that she wanted to pray at a certain mosque. I have no idea why they won't allow her to do so because I just began to notice the show itself. Suddenly, it dawned on me.

She was a prostitute.

The villagers crowded the area and a group of village people were forming a barricade infront of her and not allowing her to go in. Reason being, she's "dirty". Which comes into context what I have to say about it.

I immediately turned to my mom and asked, "Can't a prostitute pray as well?" which lead her to give me an answer, "Because she's dirty."

My question is, "how dirty can we define her?" Isn't it supposed to be something that God decides? That's my stand, I dunno about yours. But I believe God doesn't turn away anyone who believes in Him. Afterall, He gave us life in this world afterall.

To me, a prostitute, albeit the fact that I do get disgusted by their scope of work, have their reasons for doing the things they do. Some of them sell their body cause they were forced to since they were young. Some got raped and decided that their body is for sale. Some were conned into the job. Or maybe some seek pleasure in it.

For whatever reasons it is, I believe that it's not up to us to scrutinize what they do. Afterall, they decide what they want to do or maybe they can't help it. Like many of us who are holding various occupations, we do it sometimes because we want to. Honestly, I rather see people prostituting themselves as opposed to those who kill, steal, rob, take drugs. These people go around harming people. Sure, you can say that prostitutes carries AIDS. But hey, those people who went to them did know of the risks, didn't they? All for the sake of satisfying their sexual desires.

Would you accept a prostitute who has mend her ways to be your wife and be the one who takes care of your kids? Would you have faith in her that she would not revert to her old ways? Would you stop a prostitute for paying respects to the God she believes in? Never mind if she's only starting to pray to God after she's gotten herself infested with diseases. As long as she's willing to change for the better before the end of her life.

It's sad. We love to judge people by what they are and what they do. The sad truth about this is that we fail to realise who they really are and how they are feeling. Humans have feelings and they too have it. Sure, sometimes we think that they are devoid of feelings just because all they care about is money. But beyond that facade, what do they really desire?

With that, think about it. Nobody is infallible. So instead of judging them, why not judge yourself. You never know when someone would judge you.

10:00 AM;

|


nuffnang.


bitch it out.


i removed cbox. comment if you want to. just click on "silence".

the writer
xoxo.
Syahid:
Photobucket

If you want to know more about me, read my posts. It should give you a clue to who I really am.
Contact Me.
bold italic underline

About the blog

The entries on this blog are merely opinions from the writer and are not intended to hurt or flame anyone at all. With that, like they say, "to each his own".

since 4th August 2008

web page hit counter
readers and counting!

gimme more.

your everyday read.

recent rants.

  • Why this blog?


  • archives.

    August 2008

    Site
    Image: 1
    Brushes: 1
    Layout: rusroulette
    Edit: Adobe photoshop 7.0 Host: 1